Search

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ride # 1 (of 2010) FINALLY! A ride.

It was wonderful. Fred was not very well behaved and did a fair bit of bucking, but Mandy was really good and we managed a cued canter on the intended lead more than once.

Fred was telling me he would be happy to stay home.



Mandy was ready to move out!




Always have to get a shot of *the ears*




Juan had to stop for oranges.




The orange groves are starting to bloom.




Fred having his saddle readjusted after a little temper tantrum.




One of Steve's workers stopped to chat.




He reappears later in the story.

On the road again...




That tail never droops.




I thought she was really striding out nicely here.

 
It felt good too.




It's a little less than 2 miles to home.




 Always walk the last mile.







 Unless of course...there's a bicycle that needs chasing. :D




Then you jig and flag your tail because you need to chase him.

.

They didn't even break a sweat. These cold days are lovely for riding.




 

Bree was sulky.




It was a good ride.


ETA: A vid of Mandy watching the bike. She was fascinated.

5 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

It's good to see someone riding in something other than mud or snow. It's also nice to see horses that are comfortable with bicycles.

CheekyMare said...

Ha! If you get this, look at the vid I just uploaded. She was fascinated.

Michelle said...

It does look nice and warm there. I giggled at your "cold weather" remark! Glad you had a great ride.

Mrs. Mom said...

You're bundled up like its 30* with a hard north wind blowing! LOL

I probably shouldn't laugh though-- when we are melting here in 90% humidity and 90+ heat, you'll get a laugh at me ;)

Glad you are riding though! Thats EXCELLENT!!

CheekyMare said...

Everyone laughs at me. :) I'm pushing a little harder now on the rides to get the rides in before the HOT comes and we can't ride. I may be comfortable at 90, but the horses aren't. I'm hoping to get at least one full moon ride in during the dry season though. I've always wanted to go on a nighttime ride in the jungle.