Search

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ride # 7 Fred surprised us yet again...

He pulled off an absolutely lovely canter yesterday with pricked ears, and NO bucking. Looks like he's gotten into the swing of things. See! I KNEW he was a good boy at heart.

On my way down to tack up there was a woodpecker on my gatepost.



Caught Mandy in mid shake.




We went bushwhacking again!




Nom Nom Nom




Back up on the road to the river.



Unripe Cacao Pod on a tree.




We actually went down to the river.



I sent Juan across to take some pics and I waited with the horses.

You can see how steep the banks are...kinda.




Me Mandy and Fred all waiting patiently.




 
Yes, it's blurry, but good enough to see he's going forward willingly and is reasonably balanced.(I think)

I'm so proud of both him and Juan.



Dead Egret.




It was our latest ride to date.

 

I kind of look photoshopped here. No idea why.





Yep. Getting pretty dark there.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Fred is starting to enjoy his rides! Good going!

AHM

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I'm really enjoying reading your blog and looking at your nice, warm pictures while shivering with all my snow. I can't wait for spring and summer.

CheekyMare said...

Thanks AHM! I think you might be right. I've even been toying with going out on him alone the attitude change has been so impressive.

Thanks Nuz Muzz, anything I can do to help. ;)

On the my life SUCKS part...it is POURING buckets here and the paddocks had JUST begun to dry properly.

Mrs. Mom said...

So Cheeky, y'all got any gators in that water???

I feel you on the rain. Things are *just* getting better here. Know what?? Today, nice. Tomorrow, nice. Saturday? ALL FRICKEN DAY RAIN again. grrrrrrr....

Kisses to the ponies!!

CheekyMare said...

Nope. No gators. The occasional Morelet's croc, but they're a shy smaller freshwater species and don't cause trouble(more likely to see them in a swamp or pond than a clear running river anyway. The saltwater crocs scare me, but they don't come this far up river.

It's rare to see a Morelet's longer than 5' so not really dangerous size.(for people) I've never seen one in the wild.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morelet%27s_Crocodile