Search

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Visiting Friends.

So instead of riding today, I went to visit friends.




I made the journey up to see Svea, and the lovely Amira. It was wonderful to see Svea for the first time in nearly a month. Amira's looking so fit and contented. She seems fine in a paddock on her own. She does have the company of Bytesh in the adjoining paddock so isn't completely alone. I was worried about her when I took Mandy.




I also, initiated the transfer of registration so that the horses will be officially registered in BASB.(Belize Arabian Stud Book) That way any foals they have will be registrable here and exportable (with registration)to any country with an Arabian registry. This is important. A grade(unregistered) foal has less options.


I continue to be delighted with the soundness of mind of both mares that I brought down. Both mine and Svea's. They are both turning out to be extremely intelligent and thoughtful girls. Sometimes decisions made in a split second with little time to think can be good ones.



Svea has also been kind enough to continue lending me her back copies of Equus. * dances *




She has every single magazine all the way back to the very first issue. What a great resource. Especially for someone like me trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can in a very short time.

I have so much to learn.

No comments: