Search

Monday, December 7, 2009

Frustration and patience...

One I have and the other I don't.

I keep pondering on Mandy's hooves. Did we do the right thing yesterday? Did we not? We were obviously doing something  wrong before or her flares wouldn't be so far up the wall on her quarters. By making the quarter wall passive did we do the right thing? My interpretation of the info I've been finding tells me that removing the loads from the flared areas is correct. She's comfortable.(I think) She's moving fine and seems comfortable on the cement stable floor and also out in the sand paddock.

Should I ride? Should I wait to ride? So many decisions for such a small brain...

I think I may go for a ride today and see how she feels under me. It would also tell me where she's wearing and where she's not.

When I got home last night I had a surprise waiting for me at the top of my stairs. Ack! I jumped a little bit but quickly realized that it was dead.(being belly up is a great clue) So, I took the opportunity to take a pic with my pen for scale.


Nasty little buggers. So glad my house is almost scorpion proof.

So much better than the last scorpion I found at my house



Yes. That is a momma scorpion carrying her babies around on her back. Sad (that's a lie) to say that I committed mass murder that night. Stay out in the yard and I won't smoosh you.

5 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

HOLY CRAP!!!! I think I'd totally pee myself if one of those decided to come in my house.... whoa!!! You are right- they really need to stay OUTSIDE!!!

On Mandy-- listen to your horse. Hop on for a ride, and listen to your horse. Feel how she is moving. Watch her ears, and eyes. She'll tell you what is bad and what is good. Going to take a peek at the photos now ;)

CheekyMare said...

Yeah, I guess it's all what you get used to. The scorpions here can't kill you anyway. It's like a bad bee sting with tingly lips sometimes.

Actually, a friend of mine got nailed on the sole of his bad foot(shattered talus bone held together with screws) Since the sting(5 months ago) he hasn't had any pain. It used to be daily. Weird eh?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for following along, so I could discover your blog! Scorpions are scary - I've seen some in Arizona.

CheekyMare said...

They really don't scare me anymore. They will always creep me out though. They do serve a purpose, in their consumption of cockroaches though so I can't kill them all.

Michelle said...

Holy cow! Those scorpions freak me out. No way, couldn't handle it!